FOOD PODCASTS I LOVE


I don't know about you, dear reader, but this lockdown is the perfect chance to catch-up on a number of things. We can't go out, unless for exercise, or, if you're feeling fancy, changing your hoody to go to the big Tesco. So being indoors it is. What is there to do? Watch all the Netflix? 

That's not really my jam. 

The kitchen has beckoned me more than ever and between the daily piles of dishes and covering my hoody rotation in flour, I have been firmly in one place. All I need are my podcasts and my kitchen and I've lost half a day. Generally, I stick to food and comedy podcasts and, for my more diverse listening days, a food comedy podcast. 

Here are my favourites: 

Table Manners

Jessie Ware and her mum Lennie invite famous people around and cook for them. They chat about pretty much everything, but the dynamic between mother and daughter is the real highlight here. 


Paxton & Whitfield

Yes, I am a cheese nerd. I've even written about how much I love cheese. This podcast is hosted by master cheesemonger Hero Hirsh, who interviews cheesemakers and experts from all over the world.


The Food Programme

It would be an injustice not to mention this ground-breaking podcast on this list. One of my favourtie episodes is dedicated to food in video games. Yes, this podcast really does cover every area of food and drink. There are probably thousands of episodes in the archive to keep you busy, so get stuck in! 


Off Menu

Here is the elusive 'food comedy' podcast I mentioned earlier. Comedians Ed Gamble and James Acaster invite celebrity guests into a made-up restaurant, where they discuss their perfect menu. It's lighthearted and never fails to make me laugh. 


The Kitchen Cabinet

One day, Jay Rayner will be my best friend. Until that day, I'll just have to listen to his podcast. Jay hosts a rotating culinary panel from different towns in the UK. They discuss the latest food news and politics. 


The Kitchen Clonc Podcast

A podcast from a Cardiff local, Imran Nathoo, that is a recent addition to the podcast scene. I have enjoyed learning all about Gareth Davies of Let Them See Cake. A great addition to my list!


The Best of the Rest

These are just a selection of the UK food podcasts I listen too. I love a lot of American and Canadian ones too like; Radio Cherry Bombe, Milk Street Radio, Food Non-Fiction, Book Larder, and My Food Job Rocks. 

Are there any you would recommend? Let me know in the comments or Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment