GARDEN DIARY: WEEK SIX & SEVEN


Week six was a strange week, in that we had 90% of the rubbish and scrap metal removed but the land was still in dire straits. It also rained a lot. Then we found out we had to return to work on 22 June. To say I felt defeated was an understatement. 

Work was momentarily halted again the following week, while we tried to get into some sort of routine. I get two days off a week (not always together) and the other half works in a shift pattern of four on/four off. My days off are usually on the weekend, sometimes one mid-week. Having days off together can be tricky. So being in the early stages of garden renovation will be harder being back at work. 


I did attempt to cut back more weeds from the jungle garden for a couple of hours. I happily spent two hours trimming back brambles and watching the bees at work. I have missed the bees and the way they zip around. I find peacefulness in observing their activity. Back in the city, it isn't the same, especially as I work in a big building full of people. I shut myself away at lunchtime to observe some stillness, which I never used to do. If I can't be in the garden all day anymore, I will find sanctuary elsewhere. 

This week I did manage to take some photos of our neighbours garden. The garden is full to bursting with produce. I have loved seeing it grow before my eyes. I can't wait for that to be the case for us one day. They struggle with getting the cabbages to grow each year, but this year is looking positive. The potatoes look ready to go, it's so exciting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment